Friday, September 10, 2004

U.S Visa achieved!

Hi
There has been a while since my last post - this happens when you have little energy, as you other bloggers with ME will appreciate. Anyway here I am... it is raining outside and the sun has hidden away to perhaps recharge 'her' batteries?! Having just enjoyed a spate of med-like weather here on the garden isle (I.O.W) we are now back to the reality of summer 2004 ...wind and rain.
As I haven't told you much about me or my family yet I will start by saying that my son Stuart, who I'm sure is a familiar blogger to avid bloggers worldwide, is off to the states next month to start a new life with his lovely wife to be Krissa. Yesterday was the vital interview at the U.S.Embassy and having successfully gained his visa, no doubt went off to celebrate with friends- who can blame him? I had a good day yesterday - my energy took me in a taxi to the beach where I recovered on my lilo and in a deckchair, taking in all the sights and sounds that a deserted September beach genuinely offers. My two very good friends joined me for a bite to eat; the much awaited phone call came within minutes of them arriving, his much longed for visa was no longer a hope, it was reality. My friends and I enjoyed fun-filled chatter before leaving me once more to rest which gave me much time to think. (I feel at my happiest on a beach in the hot sunshine with the waves lapping the shore no matter how forcefully). Yesterday I saw the sea's different face than on a calm summer's day - only the very hardy (or foolish) braved the waves. It isn't that the water is that cold(it isn't but hey it's not the Agean!) but rather in order to get back on dry land one had to crawl out due to the undercurrents! This was quite amusing to watch - that didn't happen in the Olympics!
Stuart is all set for his venture and although there is a lot of emotion whelling up inside of me - I am very happy for him. All I have ever wanted is for both my chidren to be happy and have always supported them in whatever they have wanted to do. After all if you can't be happy in life ....then what the....
I'm tiring now unfortunately - frustration is the name of the illness - body won't do what the mind wishes. This is the hardest aspect to cope with and even after four years I do still hope that maybe today it won't happen, dream on.I have to limit my computer time but will try to post soon. Katina


1 Comments:

At October 25, 2004 at 1:17 AM, Blogger WendyCity Productions said...

Mazel tov, mum! We bloggers in the U.S. are proud to welcome your son to our country!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home